1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
Voted. Lived in an apartment. Lived in a foreign country. Spoke a foreign language in something other than a classroom setting.
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
My resolution is always to lose weight, and yeah! It actually happened. I don't think I'll be making any resolutions for this year though. I never bother to actually think about them.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, my cousin Amy (a daughter, Ava) and Liz (a daughter, Randi Marie, WHO THE FUCK NAMES THEIR KID "RANDI" I MEAN SERIOUSLY WHAT THE FUCK).
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes, my Great Uncle Jack.
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
A hot bod.
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Arriving in France. Standing on the Aiguille du Midi in the Alps. Waiting for my TGV back to Paris with my host father.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Flying ALL BY MYSELF to a foreign country :')
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not talking to a friend about her state of mind before it could have been too late.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I caught a horrific cold at the beginning of the year, and suspect I slightly fractured a toe and my pinky finger... Other than that, I've been pretty healthy. Oh, and I think I had a few asthma flare ups. Fucking animals.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
A Christmas tree for Kitty!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Naomi. She is the one who got diagnosed with cancer, and on top of that had to have her gallbladder removed on the 24th. What a sucky winter break, right? But she's still got high spirits and is just as upbeat and positive as ever. I don't think I'd react the same if I were in her position, and I really admire her for that.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
I don't know if there was really anything that appalled me or depressed me. I wish my mom could loosen up a bit.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Fast food T_T So much for trying to fix my high cholesterol.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My apartment. Meeting Maily. France.
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
Hot N Cold, the Na Na Na song, Disturbia, Womanizer, etc.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:(a) happier or sadder? Sadder. Every year I think, "This is it. It can't get more depressing!" And then it... does...18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
(b) thinner or fatter? Thinner! Yay!
(c) richer or poorer? Poorer. Debt comes on swift wings!
Studying. Being alone.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Being angry and frustrated and petty.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
~*MEETING MAILY SIRUS*~. Ohhhh yeahhh so awesome. This afternoon I got this text from Maily that she was near the Beltway, which isn't horrifically far from where I live so I was like OMG LET'S MEET AT THE MALL AND WE'LL GO TO STARBUCKS. So we did. Then I had to drive her to this restaurant in Stafford, TX (aka... not where I live...) to meet her family and I had to drive on the Tollway and we were like OH GOD WE'RE NOT GOING TO HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO PAY FOR ALL THE TOLLS... We managed it though, and I got home safely. AND I drove on the Tollway for the first time ever! I am so proud of myself. Fuck yes.
21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Pushing Daisies, Bones, Criminal Minds.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Not hate, but there's a certain distaste that wasn't nearly as strong last year.
24. What was the best book you read?
I really can't remember a particular book that ~stood out~ to me or anything so have the summary of a book I'm about to start reading instead:Once upon a time, a beautiful woman locked away her heart from all who might try to enter...25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Katherine Macdonald once tasted the bitter poison of a broken heart. To protect herself, Kat put her feelings into a deep slumber. Now she lives in a cottage in a mystical wood where, assisted by seven hulking Scotsmen, she makes stained glass of magical beauty, happy in her isolation until...
One day, a charming prince with black hair and deep blue eyes came riding into the mist-shrouded forest...
Devon St. James has found himself in possession of the St. John talisman ring that curses the holder by clasping a wedding band on his finger when he least expects it. Devon vows that he will never give up his beloved freedom—even when an impulsive kiss from a beautiful Scotswoman with red gold hair casts a tantalizing spell...
And so, the tale begins...
Super Junior M. The White Tie Affair. Akon.
26. What did you want and get?
People who make me happy.
27. What did you want and not get?
Harmony. People who make me happy.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Role Models. Twilight...
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
:D Alicia and Audrey took me out to Chuy's for dinner! I was (am) 20.
30. What one thing made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
"Let's try and not wear a Threadless shirt today."
32. What kept you sane?
My friends. My mom. Crying a lot and attempting to talk through my feelings.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Stephen Colbert, Matthew Gray Gubler♥, Donghae, Ohno♥
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Eh, nothing really. The recession and the subsequent bailouts. How much was spent on Palin's wardrobe....
35. Who did you miss?
The person my friend used to be.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
Paul! Okay I technically met him last year but we became facebook friends this year so you know. Also, ♥Artuuuuro♥.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
Life is hard, growing up sucks, there are certain friendships that last forever and others that are just for the moment. It's hard, but sometimes you have to learn to let go.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I don't pay attention to song lyrics. This is probably why I fail at karaoke...